While foil balloons are not currently biodegradable, there are many ways to extend their usefulness for years to come. Read on for ways you can reuse foil balloons!
1. Re-inflate them!
Valved foil balloons can be inflated over and over again, given their seals remain intact and they don’t develop any holes.
2. Gift Wrapping
Birthday balloons are a clever way to wrap a birthday gift for your loved one!
How to Make a Gift Bag
Gift Wrapping Tutorial
How to Make Your Own Gift Bows
3. Replace tissue paper in gift boxes or bags
Similar to gift wrapping, foil balloons make perfect tissue paper for gifts!
A gifted balloon is a wonderful memento of a special occasion like the birth of a baby. What better way to remember that than including pieces of it in a scrapbook?
5. Fuse them togetherWith the use of an iron, you can fuse foil balloons to create a blanket to keep in your car for emergencies or a festive tablecloth. Click here to view the tutorial.
6. Use as packing material when mailing boxes
Reuse foil balloons by inflating them and using them to pad shipping boxes instead of using packing peanuts or other wasteful materials.
7. Donate them to a local school for art projects
Each year, grade schools around the world create fun craft projects for Earth Day (April 22). What fun they would have coming up with creative uses for colorful foil balloons!
8. Make Tinsel
The bright, reflective nature of foil balloons make them perfect for adorning a Christmas tree. Cut a foil balloon in thin strips to create homemade tinsel.
9. Turn them into flowersCut the balloons into squares and use them to make “tissue paper” flowers for a shiny bouquet reminder of the day. Click Here to View the Tutorial How to Make Foil Balloon Flowers
10. Make Pom PomsMuch like the tissue paper flowers, reuse foil balloons by making pom poms. How to Make Pom Poms Making Mylar Pom Poms DIY Fringe Mylar Cake Toppers Tutorial
11. Use them for rainy day craft ideas with kidsRepurpose foil balloons by using them in place of tissue paper in these fun craft ideas.
Header Image Credits: